Waupaca foundry History 1800's
Waupaca Foundry: A legacy of getting the job done
The history of Wisconsin’s manufacturing sector is linked to the growth and development of one foundry originally located along the banks of the Waupaca River. What started as a regional foundry has expanded to a nationwide supplier to heavy industry with durable products designed for the agriculture, transportation, and retail sectors.
John Rosche started the Pioneer Foundry on the banks of the Waupaca River, just east of Main Street in the City of Waupaca.
His son Fred Rosche partnered with H.H. Suhs to form Suhs – Rosche specializing in the manufacture of the Waupaca Chilled Plow, sleigh shoes, sash weights for windows, and the crusher jaws for use by the City of Waupaca at its stone crushing plant.