Waupaca foundry earns QUALITY award
CASTING COMPONENT SUPPLIER RECOGNIZED BY FIAT-CHRYSLER
August 8, 2018
TELL CITY, INDIANA —For the second consecutive year, Waupaca Foundry has received the 2017 Outstanding Quality award from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA). Waupaca Foundry was one of 73 global suppliers to receive this award out of more than 2,500 suppliers and was the only foundry recognized. Waupaca Foundry has supplied iron castings to Fiat-Chrysler since 1999 including crankshafts used in automotive powertrains.
Fiat-Chrysler presented this award to recognize top level performance and a dedication to excellence from suppliers that meet these qualifications:
- Supplier production is analyzed for 11 consecutive months,
- Suppliers must achieve scores of 100% on warranty and incoming material quality,
- Suppliers go above and beyond expectations.
"Our continued commitment to process improvement is driving direct results for our customers," said Cody Rhodes-Dawson, plant manager for Waupaca Foundry. "We are ranked according to exacting standards of quality, reliability, and consistency to guarantee performance in our customers' products."
In the last 18 months, Waupaca Foundry locations have received top supplier status from several customers:
- In spring of 2018, Toyota Industrial Equipment Manufacturing honored Waupaca Foundry for professional excellence and development in casting parts for its products. Waupaca Foundry is the first Tier II supplier awarded the Professional Excellence Award.
- The Tell City, Indiana plant earned Q1 Certification from Ford Motor Company. The achievement confirms Waupaca Foundry consistently delivers high quality products on time to Ford customers and Q1 certification is a milestone in the pursuit of quality.
- Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing Co. honored Waupaca Foundry with Kawasaki's 2017 Environmental Stewardship Award, the company's fourth award from the engine maker since 2011.
Waupaca Foundry credits its production management system called "Waupaca Way" which engages all employees in continual im provement of casting quality, production efficiency, customer service and on-time delivery.
"We are proud of all our team who embrace our commitment to continual improvement to reap results for our customers," said Mike Nikolai, President, COO and CEO of Waupaca Foundry. "Expected outcomes for our customers are high quality and high satisfaction and it's rewarding when our team is recognized for their effort."
For more information on Waupaca Foundry please visit www.waupacafoundry.com.
For more information on Hitachi Metals please visit www.hitachi-metals.co.jp/e/ .